Friday 12 October 2012

Distressed Xmas Tag

Today I'm going to share a Christmas tag that I made With some distress inks an Tim Holtz stamps.

*First of all I coloured the whole tag with my blending tool and Fired Brick an Peeled Paint distress inks

*Next I stamped the Santa Claus stamp at the bottom of the tag, I then stamped the Santa onto a post it note to create a mask. I masked of the Santa and stamped a music script over the top, once I'd took the mask away I took a water brush and lifted off the colour from Santa Claus so he was a lighter colour.

*Next I stamped the clock and the numbers 25 onto cream card.I cut the clock out and glued to top left of tag, where it overlapped I trimmed the clock to make the edge flush with the tag. I cut out the 25 and used a small circle punch on the corners then distressed the edges with walnut stain.


*I stamped seasons greeting down the right hand side. Next I stamped a snowflake stamp all over the tag in Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

*Next I took my Tim Holtz edge distreser(you could use scissors) and I went round the whole tag to make the edges all ragged, then I went round the whole tag with walnut stain distress ink and my blending tool.

*To finish off I attached Tim Holtz clock hands to the clock face. I took some stickles and went over Santa's beard, I attached the numbers 25 to the centre, Then I used my pokey tool tool to scratch some lines into the tag. I attached some ribbon and tied into a knot, and that is the tag completed.

I hope you enjoyed the tag tutorial, please leave a comment it would be nice to know people are reading and enjoying my blog.

Thanks for visiting and come back soon x x Sue x x

1 comment:

  1. Every time I think I have seen all the styles of tag I can see someone comes up with something totally different. I love this - the colour the layout, its just so lovely to look at. Sam

    ReplyDelete